Old 08-01-07, 08:44 PM
2old2tri
2old2tri

Bikes: Litespeed Tuscany, Trek Fuel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
serotta v. time v. look (maybe specialized?)

Serotta v. Time v. Look

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am one of the "fat, rich, guys" that many seem to have a problem with. "Rich" being relative. I have been biking for 3 years (to spend time with my 20-something kids and to get exercise). I started with a steel bike ($300), then went to an aluminum bike ($2000 new), then to a titanium ($5500 new). I have gone from 269 lbs to 235 pounds and won my first event (a sprint triathlon for 40+ Clydesdales). We won't talk about my time. Let's live for the moment.

My wife, who has much more money than I do, offered to buy me the "bike of my dreams" for my birthday this month. I realize that the "motor" is more important than the machine, so spare me any comments along that line. I am improving and can afford a machine that transcends my ability level. I am not trying to show off or be better than anyone else. I just want another type of bike.

I want to keep riding my titanium bike for my recreational rides (MS 150, centuries, etc.). I would like a quality carbon bike for my shorter sprints (9 miles to 24 miles). I would like to tap into the experience of all of you. I am looking at Time, Serotta, Look, and my one friend suggests Specialized Tarmac (I could afford the S2). Opinions?
Thanks.