View Single Post
Old 08-03-07, 07:33 PM
VegaVixen

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Sports, '84 Schwinn LeTour on the trainer (and available for hill repeats), '06 Scott CR1 SL (Ksyrium SL), and a yet-to-be-determined TT bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeWNC
DQ, DNF well it's a matter of semantics right. I mean if you only did 6 of 7 laps then technically you DNF. Either way it was tough luck.

8/22 I will have just gotten back from my trip up north. Also, Wed. don't work because I don't have childcare in the afternoon. On Tuesday my wife is off in the afternoon and I can get away as needed. So it will have to wait till 10/9.

As for riding up this way, whenever you feel like you can make it happen is fine by me. Of course we have the BF ride 9/29-30. Don't worry, I won't get you hurt.

It's all quiet here, the roofers have left for the weekend. My daughter is at a sleepover party and my wife is working. I'm playing around on the piano and thinking about the morning ride. Sunday is a group climbing ride up to Highlands so maybe I should take it easy tomorrow. I still would like to ride 3 hours though. Have a couple of new Macs here to play with too. Think I'll get some Ben and Jerry's right now.
Hey, so you can now see how ridin' the PA metric would have messed with my TT schedule.

But I do disagree: DNF (a willingness to not complete) vs DQ (a willingness to complete, but a miscalcuation at fault) are two very different animals.

We'll see about the ride. It appears that we already have some differences in our riding philosophies.

I'm personally thinkin' you should forget "mileage," and "time in saddle" and focus on shorter intervals, if you want to go faster. But what do I know? I'm just a flatlands cyclist who started ridin' again in January, and is already at 22+mph average over 10 miles....