View Single Post
Old 06-13-04, 10:52 PM
Mtn Mike
Super Biker

Bikes: 2014 Curtlo, 2006 Serotta Coeur d’Acier, 2005 Independent Fabrication Steel Delux, 2003 Surly 1x1, 2003 Surly Cross Check, 1986 Schwin Worldsport SS commuter, 1980's Mongoose Supergoose

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seely
Mtn Mike... before you get one made to the exact geometry I would try a few other bikes...

When I had my Kona I thought that bike fit me perfectly (very similar to Fischer geometry). I used to have trouble with some climbs and technical section but attributed that to my relative inexperience. I had that bike for 3 years and always told everyone how great it fit, handled, etc. Fast forward to now, and I got a Specialized Stumpjumper (also a HT), took it out and on the 2nd or 3rd ride on it after getting used to it a bit, I COMPLETELY cleared technical loops and climbs I had NEVER cleared on the Kona.

So what I'm saying is you don't really know its the perfect fit until you try something else necessarily. If you have tried other stuff or are just satisfied with the performance as is go for it, but keep in mind Fisher like any company comprimises in some areas on the geometry, its a given, so just make sure those compromises are areas you don't mind compromising a bit on.
This is true. I suppose there could be other geometry options that would also work well. I'm planning to have some measurements taken on my LBS fit system before ordering the frame. I will also talk to the frame designer about different recommendations for the type of riding I do. What I was saying was, that of all the mountain bikes I've tried, I like the "genesis" geometry the best.