Thread: helmets
View Single Post
Old 06-14-04, 12:06 AM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RacerX
There are a couple ******* (although ******** people are smarter than these mental midgets) that do training rides without a helmet. They think they look cool I guess, but they just look ********.

It's just stupid to ride without a helmet in a group ride if only because it makes the rest of the group look like they condone ******** behavior to the casual observer.

I would hate to see some kid watch the group ride by and think riding without a helmet is OK.

Besides, with so many choices there is no excuse for style. The kids around my house love my Giro and always want to wear it because they think it looks so cool.
That's an insult to ******** people - I mean associating them with helmet-less riders and all. Personally I wear a helmet while riding (even post maintenance shakedown rides) because if by wearing a helmet I can reduce the risk of my loved ones being saddled with wiping my @$$ and for the next forty to fifty years I'm going to do it. Bottom line.