Old 08-08-07, 06:16 PM
Tourister

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Tourister,
Where are you located? There are apparently 2 different lines of Schwinns, the ones they sell at the X marts and the ones that are sold thru an LBS. FWIW I have 2 LBSes within about 35 miles of each other that sell Schwinn. One is a combination lawnmower and bike shop, they carry most of Schwinn Cruiser and kids bikes line. The other is a higher end LBS and only carries a few of the Schwinns. I plan to get mine from the lawnmower shop, they carry a lot of the less expensive parts that can be used by utility cyclists. They are also to order anything I ask for, even if it is something they wouldn't normally stock...like the yellow Freddy Fenders Also FWIW the list price on the Classic 3 is around $320.

Aaron
Thanks for the info... I live on the left coast, Central Valley... We have a local Schwinn dealer but it is a hole in the wall with at best a couple of bikes in it.. I have been staying away from the LBS on this one because the prices seem so much better at the Xmarts...
That price is a bit of a turn off though.. I was looking for a little bit cheaper... I have a Giant Cypress DX that I really like the fit on and rides great... They offer a steel framed ersion of it with cheaper components for 270.00.. Same with there Sedona (ST) Mountain bike...
Which reminds me, have you seen the new Giant Trans Sport and Trans Send.. Also the new Ralieh Detour Delux ? They come with fenders, rack etc... Kind of pricey though...