View Single Post
Old 08-08-07, 09:11 PM
EbikeHawaii

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert C
You forget that most people are not interested in Volcano Racing, except in an abstract, scientific or sporting way. I think most people looking at ebikes are just looking for something that is pleasant to ride and is a bit faster or easier to ride than a normal bike (my reason is different, an ebike gets me around the anti-bicycle rules here). Pleasant includes a bike that is pleasant to look at (ebikes, pretty much, all seem weak in this regard). Bikes that look like two wheeled battery carts are not what people want, this is without regard to technical superiority.

You have also mentioned that there is about a 12" interference in the middle of the bike to make room for batteries. Simply, this is not what I would consider a comfortable, ridable, bike. You have produced an electric Volcano racer. Great! I expect that it was, and is, a lot of fun. Again, most people are looking at ebikes are looking at electric assist bicycles, not Volcano racers.
This Was A Test to see how the evercells worked and a great test to see how well a a lithium ebike would react to a fat man riding it everywhere.Again it was not a race but fun to do for shooting pictures and movies along the way as well as getting the ofical race to document a un official racer but a electric bike rider in the event. And I have not used anything other than lithiums in the last two years. If I chose I could go anywhere on the island at 30 mph if they were legal in Hawaii .Sheeeesh.In time more people will relize that they wished there ebikes were tested for the use they tried to demand out ou them.... LOL=@Lowell

Last edited by EbikeHawaii; 08-08-07 at 09:19 PM.