Old 08-09-07, 06:38 PM
fa63

Bikes: A couple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Opinions needed on HED Jet 50 clincher wheels

I live in the flat-as-a-pancake state of Florida and do occasional duathlons and triathlons, so I figured an aero wheelset would help me more than a lightweight wheelset would. I also wanted clinchers and not tubulars since I take long solo rides and don't want to worry about carrying extra tires with me in the case that I get a flat. After looking around for a little bit, I came across these:

I like these wheels not only because they fit my above-mentioned criteria but they are also reasonably lightweight (1668 grams/pair claimed weight for the 28 spoke version) and I can get them built with 28 spokes for added strength and peace of mind. They also have a lifetime crash replacement policy which is an added bonus.

If anyone here owns these wheels, I would certainly appreciate some feedback. I am particularly interested in the durability and the stiffness of these wheels (I am a big rider that likes out of the saddle sprints and do not want much flex), and also the quality of the hubs. Thanks in advance.

-Fikret