Old 08-10-07, 04:05 PM
VT Biker

Bikes: Cannondale R700 (2005)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harlond
Like I said, you are undeterred by the evidence.
No - I understand the evidence. You are the one who is ignoring the evidence.

Bob Stapleton was NOT AROUND PRIOR TO 2007. Any infractions in 2006 or before have nothing to do with the current T-Mobile team. Secondly, any former T-Mobile riders caught doping this year have no bearing on the current team. Did it pass over your head the fact that Kloden decided not to re-up with T-Mobile after Stapleton came on board, and where did he go....Astana!!

Finally - the current T-Mobile rider flagged for testosterone is bothersome. However, testosterone is the one PED that is really going to be tough for teams to monitor. All it takes is a desperate athlete to get a hold of some testosterone gel patches, and behind his hotel door apply it. I definately raised an eye-brow when this ocurred, but due to the open committment of Stapleton to clean the team up, the Kloden defection and the lackluster performances of T-Mobile, leads me to beleive that Stapleton is doing more than teams like Disco and Astana.

Remember - there is more to a team than the Jersey. The 2007 T-Mobile team is a much different team than the pre-2007 team even though the jersey is the same.

If the same management team was running T-Mobile as prior to 2007, I would be in complete agreement with you. But T-Mobile and Stapleton are trying to change this team and the sport.