0_o
ugg

Bikes: Steelman road & a plastic Pedal Force ZX3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wvxc
Generally the one that breaks the record isn't worth as much as the one that sets the final record, especially in a case like this. If he hits 25 more homers before he retires the last one will be worth more than the one that broke the record.
Exactly it’s that last HR ball he bats away when he retires will fetch the most money and even if it's not much after the ball is hit and someone catches it, the ball will fetch more money when he's entered into the hall of fame and 50 or so years down the line. Even Hanks ball was not really worth much until 20+ years later and as time goes by the value of everything goes up for stuff like that...Beside what Bonds and all the guys who did roids or were suspected of doing roids @ the time were not breaking any Baseball rules. It was pretty much a legal under the guide lines for the players no set rule saying you couldn't do it.

Now back to the Discovery team... I just keep thinking of the whole management shakeup at Discovery Channel earlier this year which kicked off the whole DC dropping its sponsorship. This whole disbanding thing should be no big surprise to anyone. The Discovery Channel had said last Feb they were not going to renew their sponsorship for the team.
In order for that team to keep going and also have any identity in non cycling news and US press they would need a big well known name that is well likes in the us or well recognized
I just find it strange and the whole thing at the time gave me an odd feeling.
Also I feel that someone is trying to be greedy on one hand and the other has to deal with Doping and screening for it or lack of it on a team level with the team compared to the steps CSC and T-mobile is taking.