Old 08-11-07, 03:28 PM
BikeArkansas

Bikes: 2012 Scorpion FX trike, 2016 Catrike 700

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMacG
I also ride about 100 miles per week. Other than adding air, lubricating the chain and other areas, and adjusting the brakes and shifters, I have not done any maintenance in 2000 miles. There is very little if any chain stretch, the breaks pads and tires are good. What exactly are you all maintaining? Am I missing the boat?
I will try to list what I have done to this bike since buying it about 7 weeks ago. First, I changed the wheels, mostly because I believed the wheels I had on my previous road bike would be better than the new ones. I changed the wheels and tires, which meant changing the cassette also. Then the stem was too long, so I replaced it with one I had. After a few climbs I found I needed diffent gears, so I had to order a new cassette and install it. Then the tires needed to be replaced. I ride at a weight just under 240 pounds. I cannot get 2000 miles out of a set of tires. Then the back wheel hub flange broke. It was under warranty. I had to change the tires and install the cassette again. The bolt for the FSA crankset has started backing out, so I am dealing with that. Of course the standard cleaning and adjusting is also involved.