Old 08-12-07, 08:30 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SweetLou
Or less money spent on social programs that do nothing but keep poor people poor.
Please stop adding political views into threads that don't need it. I come to these forums to learn about cycling, not to get into political arguments.
Funny, when we call it welfare and social security and education we get all uptight about it and call it hand outs and ways to 'keep people poor', but when we give our tax $$ to corporations (who are arguably in some of the most advantageous positions in society, and they aren't even people) we call it 'free market', 'incentives', 'capitalism' etc. etc.

I'm not sure you'll be able to separate cycling from politics in the A&S forum. You might want to read some other subforums - much of 'advocacy' relates to politics, and supposedly, part of what makes us 'free' and this counrty 'great' to live in (speaking for US readers) is our ability to debate and fight and die for the right for other people to have their own practices and views on religion, politics, etc. etc. If we truly live in a democracy, politics should be a part of our everyday life - starting primarily from the local, and working up to the state and national sphere.

If its not... well, we're sort of just accepting the way things come down from above... no?

Last edited by bmike; 08-12-07 at 08:37 AM.