pitboss
cxmagazine dot com

Bikes: Titus road, Fort CX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cynikal
I went back to school at 30. Wouldn't change that for anything.
I did one year of college after HIgh School. I hated it and could not figure out why the hell I even bothered. I knew that I wanted more education, but the timing was totally off and I was not interested at all. I worked as a roofer and then in a warehouse job or two - just kind of going through the days of the weeks of the months of the years - not getting anywhere, but not falling behind, so to speak. After 4 years, I decided to go back to school and realized that loans were not something I wanted to add to my life for my BA. I joined the Military (this is not a recommendation to anyone - this is a choice you must make yourself, and there are other options out there to consider) and 4 years later, I had my school paid for - including tuition, books, and living arrangements (IL and the GI Bill covered me for the first two years). Well, here comes boredom again and I decided to go teach English in South Korea for a year. When I returned to the US, I finished up my BA at Colorado University (had a bit of Govt money left over, the rest was out of pocket). In 1999, I moved back to Chicago and finally received my diploma (had to pass a comprehensive exam that covered six books and two in-class essay test I had four hours to complete) in 2000. What a ****ing journey. But I would not change a damn thing. I look at all my high school classmates and think one thing:

Thank god I did it differently.

It is all about what suits your personality, but also making sure you are not falling behind in reaching the goal you set for yourself. Remember to enjoy yourself along the way too - there is anough bull**** to wade through and there is no reason to add to it with your own frustrations, etc. Keep your goal in mind and remember that when you finally reach it, there is time to set another, and so on and so on...it is the journey.

good luck, noremedy. it may take some time to figure out your goal. once you do, rethink it to be sure of it. and then realize that you will probably change it again along the way. life is like that at times.

be flexible
have fun