Old 08-16-07, 09:18 AM
hetr
newly obsessed

Bikes: 1985 Peugeot P8 SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anybody want to take me for a ride in San Francisco?

So, I'm interested in moving to San Francisco after I finish graduate school. I've been there several times, but that was before I fell in love with my bike. I'm visiting August 23-28, and I'd really like to rent a bike while I'm there and find out how I feel about it from that perspective.

I'm not really looking for a serious long distance ride, I'm more interested in riding around San Francisco itself to see if I would like riding there. If I move there, I plan on living in the city and using my bike as my primary means of transportation. I'd like to learn more about the geography of the city and such. I guess I'm looking for someone who has experience riding in the city and can tell me about the bike culture, the streets/neighborhoods with killer hills or trolley tracks to avoid, a rundown or tour of the local bike shops, etc.

To give you an idea of what I'm interested in, I'm a 22-year-old female graduate student. I'm about to start Library School, and I was an English major, so I'm a huge book nerd. I ride an old Peugeot single speed conversion, and I'm thinking about moving to fixed. I'm a vegetarian and I'm very liberal, but I'm also Southern-raised and friendly.

I'm staying with some friends near Golden Gate Park to the South, between the Sunset District and the Mission District. Sadly, my friends are not that into biking.

In return for the ride, I'd at least like to offer the person or people lunch/dinner, and the same treatment in Philadelphia!

If you're interested, please let me know. I understand many might be turned off that I'm not looking for a serious ride.