View Single Post
Old 08-16-07, 01:19 PM
squirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trike advice

I,ve been road and mt. biking for 15 years and I commute on mt. bike with slicks about 30 mile a day 3 times a week. I've for some unkown reason been facinated with trikes for like the last 6 months. It all began when I was looking for alternate transportation from my motorcycle to save gas and carbon. I ended up returning to my mt.bike but the thought of a trike still lingers. I cant justify sspending 2500 on something I know little about and I already have 4 bikes but I could justify spending like 1500. Actionbent is located in here in seattle and has some decent reviews for a lowerend bike and I think terra trike does to. But I havent found that many people online that commute on trikes, so my question is Do any of you commute on a trike and what do you think of it as opposed to a 2 wheeler? I noticed that most people that write about these ussually have a health problem that required them to ride something easier on the body, so am I being delusional about these trikes as a good means of transportaion or are they as cool as I hope they might be?
ps I climb a 3 mile hill on the way home speed isnt everything but are these things super slow on the up hill or just mildly slower?
thank