Old 08-16-07, 05:40 PM
madfiNch

Bikes: Burley Runabout 7 and Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+1 for Specialized

A few weeks ago I bought a Specialized Allez Elite. It was technically my third choice bike, but after receiving dirt poor service at the shop with the Trek bikes, I headed to the shop that had the Cannondale and Specialized bikes. I was immediately unhappy with their selection of road bikes in my price range (~$1000), and the guy helping me got extremely noticeably unhappy about helping me once I told him I didn't want a $3000 bike. They didn't have any Cannondales in the $1000 range, which is stupid because they're the only C'dale carrier within like 50 miles of me. So, I finally settled on the Specialized. It turns out that even though it wasn't my first choice, I really like it a lot, it's a great feeling bike and I have almost no complaints about it.
So, I later went to the Specialized website to register my bike and they have as part of the registration process a form to fill out about your buying experience and how you like your bike and stuff. So, I filled it out and today I got this email from their regional sales manager:

Dear Megan,
Thank you for your recent purchase of an Allez Elite. That is a very nice bicycle. While you indicated that you were quite satisfied with the bicycle, you indicated that you were somewhat dissatisfied with our retailer, Erikís. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and I would certainly appreciate it if you could give me a little insight as to the issue(s) you experienced while shopping. Obtaining information like this is important for us if we are to improve the shopping experience going forward. Iím glad you like your bike and thank you again for choosing Specialized. I hope to hear from you soon.
Best Regards,
Bill Schouman
North Regional Sales Manager
Specialized Bicycle Components
231-343-8931

I think that's really cool. We'll see what happens when I tell him about my buying experience. It's good to know that someone cares about the people that sell their bikes.