View Single Post
Old 08-18-07, 12:07 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by linux_author
- and here in the U.S. the UK for 'us' would be 'TU' (Tango Uniform or 't**s up')...

:-)

- and you, my friend, have expensive tastes! and here i thought i snarfed a good deal yesterday on a lot of 10 700x25 tubes during Performance's 20% off w/free shipping deal...

[sigh]

signed,

a cyclist w/Levi Leipheimer tastes on a Sheldon Brown budget
Not expensive for quality and I have to wear it. I Can remember when I would go for the cheapest out of necessity and then struggle with something that did not feel comfortable- or just did not fit. And I can still remember someone buying a lot of Tubes because they were cheap- Not one single one was any good. Not saying that a real deal on a known product is a no-no- we are all looking for those deals, but On clothing- Or anything that I have to touch- saddle- bars- grips- brake levers etc. I try before I buy- You can tell the quality when you find it- That's why I start at the chesapest and work my way up

I did that with Cognac at a distillery in France I few years ago. Don't know if it is because I have good tastes- but it took 15 grades of sampling before I was happy with the taste. The wife drove home from the vineyard.

Spike Milligan