Old 08-18-07, 12:20 PM
fa63

Bikes: A couple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My Felt F75

I figured I would contribute with photos and impressions of my bike after a few months of ownership, might help someone who is thinking about getting the same or a similar bike.

This was my first new bike; it is a 2006 Felt F75. It was a NIB item and I thought I got a pretty good deal on it off of Ebay, paying $925 for a bike that retails for $1400. I had a pretty good idea with bike fitting from my previous bikes, and I do my own wrenching for the most part, so I felt pretty comfortable buying online. Your results may vary.

I don't have a computer on this bike, so I don't know how many miles I have put on it in the four months I have owned it, but I would guess around 2000 since I haven't had too much time to ride it. The bike out of the box was very good, with the mix of 105/Ultegra components. My main complaints are the front derailleur not holding adjustment very well, the Shimano R-500 wheels which are heavy and kind of flexy (at least for me), and the stock saddle which is OK but not great. The bike is stiff but still pretty comfortable (comfortable enough that I rode about 15 miles without bar tape or gloves the other day with the aluminum handlebar, and my hands were just fine).

Future planned upgrades include complete SRAM Force groupset, Thomson non-setback seatpost and a white Specialized Toupe saddle with matching white bar tape. Actually, the seatpost, the saddle and the bar tape should be pretty soon and I will try to post some more pictures when I get them and put them on.

Here are the pics:

Last edited by fa63; 08-18-07 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Change