View Single Post
Old 06-21-04, 09:54 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
You know what I hate? Descending!

Seriously, it's just an absolute pain in the butt. I mean, I love climbing -- the physical release, the change in scenery, the sense of satisfaction at totally owning that little climb which thought to get in my way. Climbing is all good! Except for the fact that I have to come back down on the other side. This is where I have problems.

Take Sunday night for example, the climb out of Bilambil on Hogans Road, it puts on about 150 metres or so reasonably quickly -- I was loving every second of it. Then I got on the other side. I just felt no enjoyment or confidence on the descent. On the brakes too often for those corners, then there's the fact that the temperature was dropping (it was around 9C at that point). Would have been fine if I was actually doing something, but descending doesn't count as "doing something" in my view.

This has been bugging me for sometime. Is there anyway to get over this? I'd hate for my intense dislike of descents to start messing with my enjoyment of climbing.

That is all.