View Single Post
Old 06-21-04, 11:22 PM
Japan Jim

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem with Haluzak

Hi All: I've been riding recumbents for about 6 or 7 years now here in Japan.
I'm afraid I am having a problem with Bicycles by Haluzak, and was wondering if anyone out there could suggest a way for me to resolve it, or if they have had a similar problem with BBH.
2 months ago the seat to my Horizon snapped in half. Lucky for me I had just stopped the bike and was about to get off when it happened. I sent an e-mail to Haluzak informing them what had happened and what I should do to get a new seat. Well, it was great. I received an answer from my e-mail saying to send my address and they would ship me out a new seat by air mail. I also called and the guy there said it would ship the next day. Wow! Great customer service!!
I waited for the seat to arrive. And waited. And waited. I sent some 2 or 3 enquiring e-mails, but got no response.
About 10 days ago I had my sister call them, as the time difference is a bit inconvenient for me, to check on what is happening. Well, they said they did not send the seat and apologized profusely for the fould up, and that a seat was going out the next day by air mail. That was 10 days ago, and I somehow do not think they sent it. Now when we call we get voice mail, and can't seem to get a human being on the phone.
The seat frame is covered by Haluzak's 6 year warranty (just barely), but what good is that in this situation?
Does anyone have any idea what I could do, or how I can get a seat frame for a Horizon? Without the frame, the bike is useless.
Thank you very much for any suggestions. Sincerely, Japan Jim