View Single Post
Old 06-22-04, 12:08 AM
Spek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raceon4
Since you have been reading the threds I'm sure you've seen people reccomending to go to a local bike shop. That is what I would also reccomend. They really know what they are talking about and can size the bike real well for you. I would definately go there over a department store hands down. The equipment can also be better too. Just ask any questions you have of them. Most shops are very happy to help.

I think that your son will be fine on the Bmx biek for awhile. I still have one in the garage. however the one gear thing might become a problem but until he complains about it don't bother with it.

Hope that you can get out their soon and enjoy the wonderful world of cycling.
Thank you for your reply. So will a retail store really be helpfull. I guess my hesitation is from previous experience with other things in the past. Like when I did a home theater. All of the info I got from the local specialty shops was terrible. It was not until I found a forum with enthusiasts that I actually picked up some good , reliable, relatively non biased info.

I will go to the local schwinn shop tomorrow (the only bike shop I know of) and see what they can tell me. I just find that most of the time salespeople are more dangerous than helpfull with thier limited , but half correct info.