Old 08-20-07, 01:31 PM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
>>Of course what was actually said was quite different from the title of this thread<<

Oh, I'd completely disagree. I think the title of this thread conveys the tone of her comments rather accurately. Is that subjective? Perhaps. That's how I perceived it. If you provide people alternatives will they use them? You won't know unless you TRY. It is quite arguable that anything that simultaneously encourages exercise AND alternative transportation is a stupendous no-brainer in a society that is dying enmasse of heart disease, overweight related health issues, and choking on pollution in an increasing global warming situation. Duh. Well, not to this Administration appointee I suppose, but Duh to the rest of the world.

Don't worry, when gas hits $8+ per gallon Americans will discover the transportation benefits of the bicycle. Trust me. There is a major silver lining to stupid oil prices. It will jump-start alternatives all over the place. It is already happening. $8 per gallon gas might be an energy 'crisis' but it's also a major opportunity. To me expensive gas isn't a crisis. NOT being ABLE to get gas at all... now THAT would be a 'crisis' for more Americans. Pricey fuel is more of a pain in the assets.

Last edited by patentcad; 08-20-07 at 01:38 PM.