View Single Post
Old 06-22-04, 07:48 PM
Spek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well my trip to the Bike shop was fun. You were right, the Schwin shop was now re-named.

The first person I talked to was very nice, but after talking for a minute she told me that she herself did not ride or work on bikes. She refered me to the owner, who I think was her husband. They were both very nice and offered me lots of advice.

The final recommendation was for me to get a Trek Navigator 200 "Comfort Bike"
I liked the larger shock absorber seat it offered as well as the adjustable handle bars.
The retail price was around $329.00, but was negotiable. The rims had 36 spokes like has been recommended and the tire pattern was smooth on top and knobby on the side for light off road action.

All in all I htink this would fit my needs. What do you all think? Any suggestions before I make the purchase? They also had the trek 3700 mountain bike there, wich was alittle less expensive, but not as comfortable to me. There was a base model Trek ( did not have shock seat or adjustible handlbars) that was around $229.00

I also figured I would scout the papers tomorrow as I live near a military town and might be able to find a good deal on a used bike.