View Single Post
Old 08-22-07, 10:53 AM
Bizurke
Lost in Los Angeles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since I'm sure this guy can always use some new parts and accessories I suggest you subscribe to the pay it forward thread. People post stuff that they no longer need and are willing to give away for free. Most people ask for the receiving person to pay shipping costs but I'm sure if they read this post most people would be willing to eat the cost. At least I would hope they would.

This thread really made me happy to read. I see very poor people commuting on bikes daily and always wish I can help them out. The most I've done so far was help some guys by lubing their rusty chains and giving a headlight to a guy I see almost every day riding with a flashlight in his hand because the police bother him if he's riding w/out a light.

As for the Welfare and Food Stamp comments; I understand there are bad apples out there, but the bulk of people who are using these services are actually in need. I myself spent quite a few times of my childhood receiving Food Stamps and occasionally welfare and it was never for my families personal gain, we did it so that we could eat. If it weren't for programs like these countless Americans would starve, if you have to deal with a small number of people abusing the system in order to get food on the tables of people who really need it then I say it's well worth it.