View Single Post
Old 08-22-07, 01:19 PM
mantis
Don't Bug Me

Bikes: Canyon Aeroad CF SL 8.0 Disc, Cervelo S2, Look 585, Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ggg300
How did you get them to hear you out?
All I did was go to the web site to get the contact number of their HQ in Washington, and I asked for the customer service dept., and told them the story. It might have helped that I did not have a LBS to go to with this issue because I built up the bike myself, buying the Look 585 frame and K-Force cranks from a supplier in CA (I am in VA).

Actually, when I made the initial call to FSA, I was only asking for a new retaining bolt and and a new self-extracting collar, since I trashed the collar trying to tighten the crank. I didn't realize at the time I had a bigger problem. The FSA rep. asked me a lot of questions about what exactly had happened and he impressed upon me that the problem was not in the bolt/collar, but in the splines, and that I should send the assy. in to FSA for them to look at it. I didn't want to do to do that, of course, as it meant my bike would be down a couple of weeks, but I am glad now that I did send it in, as I have a whole new crank set-up that is as solid as a rock as far as I can tell.

Mantis

Last edited by mantis; 08-22-07 at 01:35 PM.