Downtown Spanky Brown

Bikes: Motobecane Phantom Cross Pro Kona Lana'I

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your thoughts on fish

Hello,

I'm interested in knowing your opinions on consuming fish. Yesterday while at the grocery store I found boneless skinless "fresh" fillets that were flash frozen then packaged supposedly without any processing. I'm sure there is some saleen solution as well to aid freshness. What attracted me to the frozen section was the sign advertising the price of 10 for 10 dollars. So I bought one to try, a piece of mahi-mahi. Granted they are only 4 oz fillets, 4 dollars a pound seems to be pretty cheap eating and potentially healthy to boot, heck you can even cook them when they're frozen solid. Defiantly a plus for a bachelor. I fried the Mahi-Mahi in a tbsp of EVOO and it turned out to be quite a delicious and filling meal when served with a small salad and some wild rice. So I got to thinking that this might be something worth my while to eat on a semi regular basis. They come in Tilapia, Salmon, Mahi-Mahi, and Haddock.

So I guess my question is if you would recommend eating the fish over my usual beef, pork, and chicken (in that order) rotation. I read about concerns with consuming the mercury that the fish accumulate in their bodies, but do you really think this is that big a deal? Also, will the Omega-3's in the fish offset the cholesterol which comes in at 80mg? That seem a bit high to me but compared to the tasty land animals, is it really that bad?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Bau