Old 08-24-07, 06:10 AM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by orulz
... she's even gone so far as to say she would call off the wedding if I don't agree to never ride my bike to work again....
Big bright flashing red light. Tell her "Okay, I'll commute by car, and to offset my carbon emissions, you commute by bike!" I'm not serious, of course (carbon offsets are b******t).

Seriously, though, a good marriage does involve telling your spouse (-to-be) when they're doing something you find unacceptable, and this is a two-way street. Ultimatums, though distasteful, are sometimes required to show that you are serious. I don't have a problem with that. The thing is, this is how we make one another better; better citizens, better human beings, better parents, etc. You are already doing the right thing, and she is trying to make you stop? Hit the road, Jack....