tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brunop
Originally Posted by orulz
And FYI - I'm holding off of cycling to work for now to not push the issue, though I certainly haven't agreed to unconditionally stop cycling altogether.
dude you're done. we can't help you now.
+1. I'm done, and I don't even have any "balls" to lose. The OP will do what he will do. It looks like that decision involves trading the risk of cycling to work for the risk of dying in a motor vehicle collision, a heart attack, a stroke, or complications from diabetes. As I recall, people are far more likely to die from one of those causes than from riding a bike. Perhaps his fiancee finds those to be more acceptable ways to die. It's a free country, after all.

Originally Posted by JeffS
For the record though, it's not about getting "de-balled". It's about whether the day comes when you realize your heart is full of regret - and that comes from the things you didn't do.
These are among the wisest words I've ever seen typed on Bike Forums.

And yes, some posts are missing. Please take my word for it that the only human beings who find "punching women" jokes funny are the ones who have Y chromosomes. For some strange reason, women have a hard time understanding that kind of "humor", and we tend to make certain unflattering conclusions about the men who use it in mixed company. (There are women on Bike Forums besides the 3 female moderators.) Maybe it's because we're more "emotional" than men. Maybe we just don't like thinking about being punched by our husbands and boyfriends. Suffice to say, this isn't the forum to be sharing that sort of humor on.
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."