Old 08-24-07, 01:40 PM
orulz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintly Loser
(emphasis added)

Here's another problem you're going to have to face.

What does she mean by "what's going to happen to me?" Does she mean emotionally, or financially? If she means financially, is your fiancee college-educated? Does she have a resume, with a good work history? Does she, or could she, make a good living, somewhere close to yours now? If so, it is unreasonable for her to expect to be taken care of financially by you.* It is not something to which she is entitled, any more than you are entitled to be supported financially by her. With freedom and equality come equal responsibility.

* I am aware that this situation would be different if there were children in the picture, but I see no mention of that in the OP.
No children. Not yet. She has asked me whether I will still ride my bike when we do have kids (we both want 'em, eventually) and while that gives me pause, a life insurance policy should - hopefully - cover that.

But for the moment, she has a college degree, a decent job, and makes pretty much the same as I do, give or take. Our lifestyle is not such that we depend on both of our incomes, either.

When she asks "what's going to happen to me," I interpret it to mean she means emotionally.