Old 08-24-07, 03:29 PM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bekologist
However, larry does allude to something valid in his OP....the basic tenents of bicycling haven't changed much from the 1940's to today. HOWEVER, the road and traffic conditions they get applied on have, in some places dramatically.
JF agrees with you!

Originally Posted by JF PDF of his life story
1972 - 2002
At this point I need to change the format of this history. Over the last three decades of the century, I saw little change in cycling as I knew it, but enormous change in the environment in which cyclists had to operate.

Well, sort of.
In reading it he goes into great detail about a CPSC (and lots of other agencies with acronyms) case dealing with reflectors and pedals and other issues... but hasn't updated the parts on Bicycle Traffic Law Revisions and Bikeway Design and Bike-Planning Standards. Odd that the 'environment' JF alludes to is primarliy legal and theoretical in framework... arguments between manufacturing interests and consumers and not "out there" in the world of streets and cars.

Last edited by bmike; 08-24-07 at 04:50 PM.