Old 08-24-07, 05:53 PM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Guess I wasn't clear. What is the relevance of data about motor vehicle accidents/miles driven to bicycling conditions?
You're right, there's too much generalization to narrow it down to bicycling conditions.

...unless bicycling conditions have something to do with motorist "accidents..."

All these damn graphs. As you once said, I-Like-To-Bike, "it aint rocket science." Where I live, driving sight-lines are much better, lanes are wider, pavement smoother and better-maintained, cars generally smaller and lighter-weighted (except for the ill-fated entrance of the Hugh Jass SUV, which will go the way of all gas-guzzlers.)

I support cyclists who don't want to mix with traffic. It's their choice!

But not everyone thinks riding on the road with traffic without bicycle facilities is stressful, dangerous, or unpleasant, most of the time. Why war against it?

The roads give those of us who prefer them the best way to compete with motoring for transportation, especially in this far-flung, motorist-oriented culture.

In places where the roads offer a poor option, we cyclists need to advocate for other cyclists to remedy our plight, even if it means crossing religious cycling ideologies, whether pro- or anti-VC.

Last edited by LittleBigMan; 08-24-07 at 06:07 PM.