bnet1
'Bent Brian

Bikes: Trek 1000, Rans Tailwind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seely
Well I somehow got stuck assembling a Sun EZ at the shop today, and I had zero recumbent experience other than blowing past retirees wearing traffic cone orange vests with a 15' orange flag off the back. After I built it and dialed it in I was told it had to be test ridden as they often do no behave on pavement as they do on the stand. I was kinda nervous, having never ridden one, but I wheeled it outside, kicked off, wobbled for a second, and next thing I knew I was doing about 20 across the parking lot trying to drift it into the corners These things are FUN! I'm half tempted to get one now... but I have too many bikes already, and I'm 22 so I gotta be concerned with my image Very cool, and very comfortable bikes!
Welcome to the world of recumbents! The next thing that happens when you ride a recumbent is that you get this big grin on your face. It is known as the "recumbent grin". There are some things to remember about recumbents, some good and some bad. The bad thing is they are not quite as speedy going up a hill as a good road bike, although you will expend less effort getting up the hill if the gearing is right. The good things are that they are as fast or faster on the flats as a road bike. Downhill and going into a strong headwind they are fast. You don't get sore after a long ride. And as you discovered THEY ARE FUN! Now that you have ridden one you are hooked since recumbents are highly addictive. Another thing I've found is that traffic is more respectful of you when on a recumbent. Don't worry about your image. you will get a lot of comments while on the bike, all of them positive, and you will get asked a lot of questions. Once you get your recumbent legs you will be eating roadies for breakfast! Oh, and you can never have too many bikes! One last thing, since I got my recumbent my road bike hasn't been out of the garage!

'bent Brian