Old 08-25-07, 08:07 PM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Not quite right. People might know the trends of total numbers of "accidents" with motor vehicles. Conclusions and definitive statements drawn from those raw numbers without any associated data about numbers of cyclists and their exposure to motor vehicle traffic, are know-nothing conclusions/definitive statements.
Let's all quit riding our bikes and sit on the couch watching the Tour de France.

The rest of you can live in fear.

I'm just going to live.

I'm sick of the fearmongering. Go on with it, y'all. Find every excuse not to enjoy life, to avoid riding your bike.

But I don't need "rocket science" to explain the last decade of pure pleasure (and lovely pain) cycling to work has given me. I ride with traffic, I don't wait until some nanny somewhere gives me a special sidewalk to ride on.

No offense to those of you who want that, but life's too short to wait for perfect circumstances, in my case. Ain't no time for that.

But if you guys want to continue to raise the specter of fear to give cyclists more reasons not to ride on normal roads, you're on the opposite side of my ideology.

Use your graphs. Argue the danger.

I'll be out riding.

(Please continue with your enlightening discussions about how many cyclists can dance on the head of a pin.)

Last edited by LittleBigMan; 08-25-07 at 08:34 PM.