Old 08-26-07, 03:27 PM
umatillarider

Bikes: giant ocr2 carbon, raleigh 4.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
first double century!!!

i did it. actually it was the first any century. rode the seattle to portland thing. two days, 102 miles per day more or less. believe me fellow riders, this was a personal best. it is not the hardest ride in the world, but i passed a lot of people walking their 'rides'. next year in one day. average per day this time was about 14mph, took about 7.5 hours per day. the sponsors had rest and food stops about every 25-30 miles, so if one chose to stop at every one you could spend all day on this thing. anyway, i want to tell all you beginning clydes that one year ago i weighed 270+ and bought my first bike. a giant carbon. i now weigh 239 and the butt doesn't hurt (much) anymore. feet burn sometimes tho. every pound you lose makes the riding that much easier. when you feel like you can't go anymore, reach down inside and go just a little farther. you will do it. i am 64 years old and in better shape than most of the lads who work for me. if you need any encouragement email me and i will do my best to keep you going.

cole