Old 08-26-07, 06:29 PM
cascade168
Klaatu barada nikto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by alancw3
now this is weird. i go 215lbs. and got elites on my c'dale six13 team. i could not be more happy with them. i have over 5000 miles on them and they are still perfectly true! and i am very fussy about that! the only problem i had with them was that they take about 1000 miles to wear n the dust seals. a lot of drag up to that point but now they spin forever perfectly true.
Not necessarily weird. Alot of the states that wheels get into has to do with individual riding styles and just how hard the rider is on wheels. When you ride with other people watch how people ride and how they take bumps. There are a LOT of people who hardly ever get out of the saddle to reduce the impact of a bump on their bike. This accounts for a lot of wheel problems - even with lightweight riders. And, on the other hand, there are plenty of big riders that use their arms and legs as shock absorbers and "unload" their weight on the bike in prelude to taking a bump. There is no doubt that there is real cause and effect going on here.

Now, I grant you, that explanation is not all of it. But, it's a pretty important piece of the puzzle.