View Single Post
Old 06-27-04, 11:32 AM
Paul L.

Bikes: Mercier Corvus (commuter), Fila Taos (MTB), Trek 660(Got frame for free and put my LeMans Centurian components on it)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TriDevil
I have done the tortilla flats ride only once so far, it was great. I loved the climbing and the fact that I wasn't in the city so much. I went on a weekday morning and had a few boats go by on the way down to the lake but coming back out I had only one or two cars pass me in the 45 minutes or whatever it took to climb out. This was in late may though so there is probably more traffic with people out of school. The climbing was so nice compared to south mountain that I am used to, smooth pavement, long climbing at good gradients. I will definetly be back...as soon as I get back to AZ! Where'd you ride from? I started at ASU which added about an hour to an hour and a half or so just to get out there. Made for a very pleasant, very rewarding ride. Great pics, makes me miss AZ! Just a few more weeks...

I started from east Mesa so it is only about half an hour of city riding to get out to where the real riding starts. I ride past ASU from here twice a day so I am very familiar with that part of your ride.