View Single Post
Old 08-28-07, 06:50 AM
ginsu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all! 37yo M 5-9 / 225 here. Last summer I was down to 215 and did ok in my first road race (30mi Tour De Loop, Oswego, NY). Well, after a full year of cycling, CTS training dvds and riding in the spring / summer I actually gained 10 more pounds and was back to 225. I want to get to 185 possibly 175 if I got crazy. I love cycling and really dig it sinc eI got a new saddle which eliminated NUMBNESS in all the wrong palces.

I did the Tou De Loop again last weekend and actually had a much SLOWER time, my back tightened up early in the race, I cramped up and I just dont know what to do. I was very depressed. I think I am going to start wiht a diet to get back down to 210 and then go from there. I just feel SO SLOW and HEAVY when I get on the bike. I dont feel fast at all. Anyway, its good for my heart as my Polar index went up to 47 and I am just into feeling better and riding with some more consistent speed.

I also have a question on wheel flex as when I get out of the saddle, I hear the front brakes touch against the rim as I pump away. I have a giant OCR C3. and i also get numbness in the hands.