View Single Post
Old 06-29-04, 05:11 AM
melody_mom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
OK, I continue on my quest to take my whole family on a bike ride. It still hasn't happened. I finally got the wife a bike last weekend now i am after a trailer for my 2 (nearly 3) year old. That will take care of everyone but my 5 (nearly 6) year old. He is just learning to ride his bike without training wheels but he isn't trip ready yet. He is still to dangerous. I know i can go out and shell out more money for a tag a long or whatever that is called but i tapped for (bike) money.

I am wondering if i can squeeze both of these kids into a bike trailer. Has anyone tried putting a 5 year old in a trailer?
I couldn't help admitting what we've been doing. We have three kids ages 6, 4, and 3, and we have been looking for options for our kids as well. In the meantime, we have been squeezing all three kids into a Burley two seater for short jaunts around the neighborhood. We bought the Burley used for $150. It's a tight squeeze, but they are all very tiny kids--10th percentile. There is a lapbelt that goes around all three of them. They actually enjoy the ride so much that they don't mind getting squeezed. However, we are on the last leg of hunting for a pedal trailer for my oldest. Like your child, she cannot yet be trusted on the road. We have lots of bike trails, but she has a tendency to look at a bird, and next thing you know, she's off the bike trail and into oncoming traffic!