tallard
Your scars reveal you

Bikes: My Brodie's dead, start hunting for a new cycle before March arrives

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CommuterRun
The cyclists ran into the car after the inattentive cager violated their ROW. Being in the BL would not have helped anything, even if other cagers hadn't blocked it by parking there. I'm glad the injuries weren't more serious, and the police are looking at liability against the owners of the parked vehicles.
Indeed, that's how it seems. Alternately, had that bike lane never existed there, cyclists and motorists would have had more experience dealing with each other, and possibly the accident would not have happened.

Alternately, that little Asian guy might also not have seen an oncoming motorist, he should be counting his lucky stars that he was hit by hundreds of pounds of flesh instead of thousands of pounds of metal!!

I would like to see follow up on the legal issues: It seems appropriate that he was ticketed for "failing to give ROW" that is the proper and legal thing to do. However in one of the news segments, it was mentioned that the condo residents were advised by the condo association to park their cars on the cycle lane. The condo association claimed to have correspondence with the city to that effect. That could be interesting, as the city allowing that would be liable for the injured cyclists AND for the damages incurred by the motorist. If the city allowed the illegal parking then the cyclists and the motorist should sue the city. If the condo association can't prove their point then they are liable for telling residents to park illegally for the cyclists injuries/damages and the motorists damages and the association should be sued.