View Single Post
Old 09-01-07, 08:59 PM
Blais
Bruise collector

Bikes: Gary Fisher Mullet, Centurian Le Mans, a stripped Schwin, some random frames and parts.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think these people were against the coal industry blowing up mountaintops and Bank of America financing the projects. Personally, I know nothing about the matter and I have no stance on the issue. That said, I think it's less about coal mining per se and more about paying for mountains to be blown up. Again, I don't know the details.

For the record, the anti-wind power people are a handful of prime real estate owners of Nantucket who don't want their scenic view ruined (the project would be barely visible with the naked eye on a clear day, by design). The biggest opponents are the Kennedys who have a multi-million dollar compound that overlooks an area where the wind farm would be in view.

Anti nuclear power? Don't have the slightest. I can't think of anyone who does.

None of these issues had anything to do with the CM ride or this thread. Like I said, it just so happens that the protest was taking place and it seemed like something that someone might have driven past or heard about to give a point of reference.