Old 07-01-04, 03:19 AM
royalflash

Bikes: Lemond Alpe d´Huez, Scott Sub 10, homemade mtb, Radlbauer adler (old city bike), Dahon impulse (folder with 20 inch wheels), haibike eq xduro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom_The_Bikeman
<...stuff deleted...>

Are you sure about the 25 kph+? <just reading what I just wrote>(feeling reeely reelly stoopid...) I thought you were writing about going 25 mph (assuming that you were riding the extremes) and that just ain't going to happen.

I've had great success using the 106es through the Swiss winters these past two years, and they are enough (if you have both of them on) to even commute when it's totally iced. As far as body armo(u)r goes, if you go down, you go down. If you hit car, you hit car. Body armo(u)r won't really help you out.

Factoid: I'm still healing up from a crash I had this year (few days before Easter) on a curve I took at 40 kmh in the wet. Didn't damage my clothing one bit, but probably pulled a muscle in my upper right arm from the impact (had my laptop in a rucksack). Had a really impressive contusion as well.

Think about taking back the extremes and just getting the 106es. As far as your speeds will go, your mileage/kmage may vary, but I find that a 18.5 commute with the 106es will take me 45 min vs. 35 min with racing tires.

Whatcha doing in Muenschen?

have fun riding, and be careful out there,
Tom
Hi Tom- I couldnt do 25 mph on the bile paths (they are usually on the pavement I forgot to mention). It would be suicidal. They are just not designed for those sort of speeds even if I was Lance Armstrong on slicks.

Sorry to read about your crash. How was the bike and laptop?

I am working in Munich as a European civil servant (but please don`t tell anyone). What are you doing in der Schweiz?

Are you from the US, if so thanks for the optional u in armo(u)r