View Single Post
Old 09-03-07, 07:34 AM
Richard Cranium

Bikes: 2003 LeMond -various other junk bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 35 Posts
I am a 57 yo overweight type 2 diabetic and have had high blood pressure. My weight is dropping so I'm on the right track. I take the following meds: Glucoyhage, Diovan, Zocor, Niaspan and an Aspirin. My blood sugar and blood pressure is under control.
Your situation is too complex to offer an intelligent answer. And your comments are a perfect example of what's wrong with many aspects of modern medicine.

The idea that you come and post comments about drugs, without "owning up" to the types of behavior that have got you into your situation generates the same kind of wrong headed "reactive" diagnoses -- much like the idea of a "drug for every occasion."

Suffice to say, that exercise and calorie restrictive diets make the dosing and timing of medications much more complicated if an individual is to avoid side-effects. You need to inform yourself about the nature and indications of dosing of your drugs as well their side effects.

You should be prepared to offer an accurate summary of your diet and exercise to your pharmacist and doctor if you want any real help. Bull-spitting on the Internet is hardly the best place to start, go read the fine print on your drug prescription instructions etc........