chrehn
the missing link

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age.

59, I will be 60 in November. Yikes!

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?

Bridgestone MB-2, she is a good friend.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?

Cholesterol medication, daily aspirin and a multi-vitamin

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?

Major slow down. I have had bypass surgery and most of my bike riding is a 4 mile round trip commute for work. I do ride occasional 10-15 mile rides, however, most of my riding since surgery is for commuting. I have to remind myself that I am improving.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?

I have ridden a bicycle since I was 5 years old. I started commuting by bicycle when I was 22 and fell in love with bicycling again. I have ridden many centuries and a double century. I look forward to some light touring with my wife as I approach retirement at age 62. I may be slow, but, I have the Spirit of a Bicycle Rider!

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?

Mostly a short commute to work and riding with our Grandchildren.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?

Currently 500-1000 miles a year.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?

I alternate walking to work. I have started Yoga. I came across a book called Om Yoga that clicked with me. It is helping me learn the basics and I feel better.