Thread: choco milk
View Single Post
Old 09-04-07, 02:08 AM
urodacus
Large Member

Bikes: 05 Giant TCR 0; 94 Le Mond Alpe d'Huez; 83 Colnago Saronni; 81 San Rensho Katana Super Export track bike, #A116-56; 97 GT Zaskar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
bixid sounds like he/she needs to realize that not all people are allergic to milk. for the small percentage who do have problems, well don't drink it. for everyone else, it's a great source of many things including protein, which carries the calcium you need. if you're lactose intolerant: don't drink it. D'uh. it's not rocket science. and much of your quoted facts are not good science either: they look a bit biased to me.

the rapid growth of soy farms around the world contributes to global warming and rainforest destruction, BTW. and how much of your soy is GM produce, though not revealed to you on the label... the majority of soy these days is GM product. just the exact kind of factoids a soy-promoter like you should bone up on.

sat fats are OK in small amounts. your body loves to burn up sat fats when you cycle: in fact, most of your aerobic energy conversion comes from exactly that: burning the two carbion chunks that are preferentially cleaved from saturated fats in your mitochondria in a porocess known as beta-oxidation. there is no point in avoiding the fats in a glass of milk if you then go out and have a few burgers or a cheesecake or whatever, anyway.

for those who have problems with the idea of fecal matter on food, grow up. you put all kkinds of crap into your mouth all day just from being a living breathing person. after all, you drink water, don't you? fish sh1t in water, and they even have sex in it, all the time!

besides, soy milk tastes like crap. and I should know: i live in taiwan, and the stuff is everywhere. and as if soy milk was not bad enough, you should try living with the stench of stinky tofu factories or street stalls. and some of the rubbish i could tell you about what happens during the creation of your favoured beverage would make you run right back to the tit for your daily suckle.