Old 09-04-07, 05:29 AM
gnz
Being there, doing that

Bikes: Avanti Pioneer Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm still at the hostel in London and enjoying my stay very much. I'm actually extending it for another week and it might be even more as there is a lot to see in this city. I've been taking my bike towards Westminster and just try to get lost there but then consult the gps for nearby points of interest.

I stumbled upon the Imperial War Museum and I've been already twice in it as I'm very interested in the history of the two world wars. A museum employee told me that the National Army Museum will be better to learn more about medieval war history so I'll be visiting that as well... I've been riding across London Bridge, near the Big Ben and Parlament buildings, Buckingham palace, Trafalgar square, etc etc... while navigating trough the heavy city traffic, it reminds me a lot of when I ride in my native Mexico City, London is nearly as bad for congestion and chaos but not quite there! Also worth mentioning is that I've almost turned into the wrong lane twice already so besides being a nice physical excersise it is also one of mental concentration.

Im still evaluating options for the ride out to the country. I will have to drop by the sustrans office to check out the maps. Today I was also thinking about the option of parking the bike somewhere and go hiking (walking) for some days as well.

cheers.
Gnz

Here are some fav pictures I took at the Imp War Museum:

Last edited by gnz; 09-04-07 at 12:45 PM. Reason: pics