Thread: choco milk
View Single Post
Old 09-05-07, 01:56 AM
Bixid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're right EJ123, mucous galor, plus a dallop of cow pus. The excess production of mucous is why ANY allergies, of people who stop consuming dairy products, usually clear up (I'm not just talking about milk allergies BTW). Any plant-based "milk" is superior in nutritional value (where do these milk pushers think cows get their protein from?). Rice milk is a bit bland to me, but almond milk is to die for

Originally Posted by urodacus
bixid sounds like he/she needs to realize that not all people are allergic to milk. for the small percentage who do have problems, well don't drink it. for everyone else, it's a great source of many things including protein, which carries the calcium you need. if you're lactose intolerant: don't drink it. D'uh. it's not rocket science. and much of your quoted facts are not good science either: they look a bit biased to me.
Yeah, those scientists at Harvard (what are they thinking proving that milk protein actually inhibits the absorption of calcium??), director of pediatrics at Johns Hopkins, the United Nations, etc, real quacks aren't they? And what about that Dave Scott, five time winner of the Ironman Triathlon, what's he thinking when he remained vegan & went on to win all those competitions? What a weirdo.

Where exactly did I state that all people are allergic to milk? If you want to continue to consume calcium-leaching, pus-filled, cholesterol-laden, fecal-matter, e-coli contaminated cow's milk: drink it. D'uh. It's not rocket science. I'm merely presenting the facts, take it or leave it. No one's force-feeding you w/ a metal tube down your throat as they do to geese to make foi gras, are they?

the rapid growth of soy farms around the world contributes to global warming and rainforest destruction, BTW. and how much of your soy is GM produce, though not revealed to you on the label... the majority of soy these days is GM product. just the exact kind of factoids a soy-promoter like you should bone up on.
Um, if you'd actually read (not skimmed) my last post, I already addressed this BS. Okay, one last time:

I ADVOCATE ORGANIC FOODS & HAVE BEEN CLEAR IN RECOMMENDING ORGANIC SOY, SUSTAINABLY PRODUCED & NON-GMO. I DO NOT RECOMMEND NOR CONSUME SOY PRODUCED IN THE RAIN FOREST.

As for NON-ORGANIC soy, NEARLY HALF OF IT GOES TO FEED COWS & OTHER FARM ANIMALS, SO YOU SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE POINTING FINGERS. Any environmental impact of of ORGANIC soy production pales in comparison to the environmental impact of raising billions of farm animals.

I'll take the United Nation's & major universities' studies over your unsubstantiated claims, thanks.

sat fats are OK in small amounts. your body loves to burn up sat fats when you cycle: in fact, most of your aerobic energy conversion comes from exactly that: burning the two carbion chunks that are preferentially cleaved from saturated fats in your mitochondria in a porocess known as beta-oxidation.
Where did I advocate the elimination of fat from the diet? Of course we need fat in our diets, but the point is to eliminate the bad fats & increase the good fats. Fact is, cow's milk will always contain bad fats, while pure, organic soy "milk" will always contain good fats, such as omega-3 & polyunsaturated.

for those who have problems with the idea of fecal matter on food, grow up. you put all kkinds of crap into your mouth all day just from being a living breathing person. after all, you drink water, don't you? fish sh1t in water, and they even have sex in it, all the time!
Hm, sounds like Taiwan is in need of some infrastructure overhaul if that's the only kind of water available to you.

besides, soy milk tastes like crap. and I should know: i live in taiwan, and the stuff is everywhere. and as if soy milk was not bad enough, you should try living with the stench of stinky tofu factories or street stalls. and some of the rubbish i could tell you about what happens during the creation of your favoured beverage

Egads! First, the water & now soy! Poor Taiwan. So glad I get my food from organic & sanitary facilites in the U.S., which I've visited BTW & they smell just lovely.

Since it seems customary here to interject w/ irrelevant & puerile opinions...cow's milk taste like crap. And I should know: I live in the U.S. and the stuff is everywhere!

would make you run right back to the tit for your daily suckle.

You mean like this?

Go ahead if you're so inclined, but I'll stick to wholesome, organic food that doesn't exploit animals, thanks.

Anyways, it's been real fun, but I'll be blocking said members as I've pretty much addressed every issue thrown at me w/ REAL, constructive facts, not half-baked claims. If y'all want to continue running around in circles, with redundant, baseless claims, like a dog chasing his tail...

Last edited by Bixid; 09-05-07 at 05:29 PM.