Old 07-03-04, 12:15 AM
jimv

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, Rodriguez (custom SS)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HereNT
I loved the tubulars that came on my Bianchi too - you were able to ride it after I already blew the rear (threw a chain and skidded - rode home on silk aparently - another couple of hours of riding on a tire that had a 1/4"x4" gap in the rubber - the front eventually got a slow leak...)

Maybe there should be a new thread about tubulars and how to use them? Because I LOVED THE HELL out of riding them.... But tubulars are kind of something that a lot of info on the net is like 'these were replaced when clinchers got better' - they still don't give you much DIY stuff about using the tires...

But they feel great.... I'd love to be using them again, but don't even know where to begin...
The owner of Wright Bros Cycles (Charles) here in Seattle is very old school. He loves the ride of tubulars but not the work. He's been riding Tufo tubular clinchers from the Czech Republic for a few years now and won't ride anything else. He doesn't say they're as good as the glue ons but they are apparently the next best thing. I'd like to try them but I'm so happy with the Vredestein TriComps. Anyone try the Tufos?

Jim