View Single Post
Old 09-07-07, 06:18 AM
adrien

Bikes: Firefly custom Road, Ira Ryan custom road bike, Ira Ryan custom fixed gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BikingGrad80
Hmm I'm 5'11" and I ride 58 cm road bikes. My 06 Trek 520 my old 90 trek 1400 that I commute on and my good Iron Horse Victory road bike are all 58's.
They all fit, all be it differently. The two Treks give me a comfy slightly more upright posture. The IHV has a 1cm longer top tube and a 130 stem so I have a lower stretched out position, a bit more aggressive.
I'm 6'3, but with long arms and shorter legs. I'd ride a 61 or 62 on a roadie...but ride a 58 in cross (Kona JTS).

Keep in mind that some bikes have higher bottom brackets, so the top tube length is the more important measure. If you're going to be slowing down and coming off the bike a lot (as in traffic lights, etc.) it's also really important to have clearance for the boys when you drop off the seat and clip out to put a foot down.

Comfort is key. I've done metrics on the JTS in about 4 hours flat, with no pain or other issues. It feels a tad cramped when i stand to push up a hill, but that won't lead me to change the frame -- only perhaps go for a slightly longer stem.

Do you get any pain when you ride?