View Single Post
Old 09-07-07, 08:36 AM
Bikingtoteach

Bikes: Fugi Allegro (retired, cracked frame), Sears 3-Speed, Trek 720, Raliegh Technium E-bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here has been my experience with fit. I bairly clear the bar standing over my old Fugi touring commuter . I have been playing with fit all over and maybe this bike is just to big for me. I am 6 feet tall, but have a 30 inseam, so short legs, tall torso. The bike is big, 60+, but I really like it. Upgrading to 44 handlebar, my sholders are broad, seemed to help shoulder pain, going with Look pedals, rather than SPD, has helped foot pain. Now it is the lower back and neck that are sore the day after. Currently the seat sems correct and I have the bars a bit lower than the seat, maybe an inch. During my 24mile commute I move between hoods, drops, and top of bars. My arms are bent, I feel comforatable while riding, I have had mixed success trying to find the perfect fit. I can say do one adjustment at a time, and make them fairly small. There does come a point when you wonder if the frame is just too big or small. Good luck.