DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nam
yes, but I would lost lots of interest since there is nobody to cheer for. As the same for football, soccer, basketball, boxing, you have to be cheer for one side to get the best of enjoying it.
I think that's a very "American" attitude. IMHO, cheering for and supporting one side at the expense of the other is generally something reserved for in a game as opposed to a sport. I think many people confuse the two. I personally just want to see everyone perform. I wish I could say I had been watching the TdF even before Lance but I can't really. I had been following it but until Armstrong started winning, I really didn't have access to real comprehensive race coverage. Although I was often able to catch a few stages of the grand tours in the past if I happened to be in Europe on business trips. And yes, I would continue to watch it even if Lance or any of the current major contendors/favourites were no longer in the race. As a matter of fact, I think that might even be more interesting.