VeloSiDad
O2B22AgainInFrance

Bikes: 1982 Liberia triple crank (Grenoble, France), 2001 Panther Carbonore MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sarah@alpedhuez
I'm from Alpe d'Huez... I am a new Mum and with time on my hands I thought I may be able to offer advice for those planning a trip here (at any time - not just for the TT). I know the area pretty well and know a fair few people, I might be able to help find solutions for your transport and accommodation problems.

Let me know
Sarah

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for posting to the Forums. Please, PLEASE, P-L-E-A-S-E post pictures of l'Alpe d'Huez if you can. I understand it is very busy to be a new Mum. I become a stay-at-home dad back in January. Reading your post made me immediately smile !

I was a student at Montpellier III/Faculté des Lettres (Université Paul Valéry) way back in 1982-1983. I really enjoyed getting on my Libéria (made in Grenoble, France) triplecrank semi-touring bike and riding through the countryside, past the vineyards, into the Cévennes, or maybe down to the Méditerranée, about 17 kms away.

I've seen pictures of l'Alpe d'Huez in magazines but it would be great to hear from an insider. Even if it is only just an occasional narrative, you will have an audience.

Merci et bonne continuation.

Neal